May 17, 2011

Pesto Stuffed Portobellos

Simple and Delicious, Pesto Stuffed Portobellos are quick and easy enough for lunch and fancy enough for dinner.  This meal is my latest craving and seems like it keeps popping up on our lunch menu.

I find mushrooms delightful, but my kids do not agree---as with any meal I love that my kids get picky about, I say, More for me!  My kids eat some pretty healthy stuff most of the time because they have little choice, so I think they should be allowed to actually really not like a few foods in this world.  Right now mushrooms are at the top of that list.  Bummer for them, I'm going to keep making these Pesto Stuffed Portobellos!


Recipe for Pesto Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms:
Ingredients:
4 Portobello mushroom caps
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
1/4 cup Pesto
1/4 cup Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs


Directions
Scoop flesh out of center of mushroom. chop removed portion and mix with pesto, breadcrumbs, and shredded Parmesan. Spoon back in to mushroom caps. bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.



Here's a 1600 Calorie Healthy Meal Plan to go with Stuffed Mushrooms:

Breakfast-375 Calories
Greek Yogurt and Toasted Pecans

Snack- 196 Calories
(Spinach, Banana, Frozen Mixed Berries and Orange Juice)

Lunch- 369 Calories
2 Pesto Stuffed Portobellos
with Marinara Sauce

Snack- 120 Calories
Almond Milk
Graham Crackers

Dinner- 486 Calories

Total Calories = 1546



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share & Enjoy

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More